This panel session took place on the 14th April 2021.
Hubbis and NetGuardians organized a virtual discussion exploring latest bank fraud trends and best practices in APAC. Indeed, financial sector fraud and cyber-crime are massive and growing problems. We were delighted to have the presence of leading experts to provide tangible practical key takeaways so you can understand and manage these risks.
- Jung Kee You, Criminal Intelligence Officer, INTERPOL
- Dennis Cheah, Executive Director, Head of Fraud Risk Management, UOB Bank
- Peter Marini, Managing Director Asia Pacific, NetGuardians
- Brent Sellors, Associate Director, Forensic Services, PwC
- Navinesh Chand, Managing Director, Synpulse
The panel of experts shared their insights on the latest bank fraud cases and trends for 2021. In addition to these topics:
What’s been the effect of Covid-19?
- Does remote working arrangements create multiple new risks for financial institutions?
- What’s the implications of the recent paper jointly issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) which specifically focus on managing the risks arising from remote working arrangements adopted by financial institutions amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Nearly four out of five banks saw an increase in fraud last year. Is the situation likely to deteriorate further?
- What are the current fraud trends we see globally and in APAC?
- What type of fraud cases are predicted in 2021 and beyond?
- What are the top key challenges for banks? And how do they overcome them?
- What are the best practices are for an effective fraud prevention?
You will receive a certificate of attendance for 1-hour towards your CPD / CPT.
We are looking forward to e-meet you!
The NetGuardians Team
Jung Kee You
Criminal Intelligence Officer
Managing Director Asia Pacific